6.30.2011

Pizza Pizza

We are trying to clean out our fridge right now, so we have had a couple of "creative" dinners this week. We literally had 7 different kinds of cheese in a fridge. How did that happen?

This recipe I'm about to share isn't ground breaking by any means, but it sure was yummy. I mean, who doesn't love pizza?

J and I definitely are on team thin crust. I have tried several recipes and this crust seems to be my favorite. I usually have a couple of balls of dough in the freezer that I can pull out for an easy dinner.

Pizza Crust:
3 cups (16½ oz.)  flour
2 tsp. sugar
½ tsp. instant yeast
1 1/3 cups ice water
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1½ tsp. salt

So after the dough was defrosted I stretched and rolled out the dough. I left just it a little thicker on the outside so there was a little crust. I put a little olive oil on the thicker crust part.



Next came the sauce.

Sometimes I even have homemade sauce in the freezer, like I did earlier this week.

Pizza Sauce:

1 (28 oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
¼ tsp. ground black pepper


Then I added some of the 7 different kinds of cheese in my fridge to make a 5-cheese pizza. Swiss and colby jack didn't make the cut.


 Provolone


Cheddar

Mozzarella

Ricotta

I know, I know that's only 4 and I promised 5 cheese. I also used Parmesan, but there's no picture. Sorry! Guess I got too excited to bother with snapping a pic. I was pretty hungry. I get cranky when I'm hungry. Ask Jacob, he knows. 

So into the oven the pizza went. It cooks at 500˚ for 10-15 minutes. 





About the time I finished cleaning up and setting the table, I was rewarded with a meal with all my favorite food groups: cheese, carbs, and garlic. 



I apologize for my food photography skills. Well, really my lack of photography skills in general. And my point and shoot camera that's seen better days.




The pizza looked way better in real life. Guess you will just have to make it yourself to see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com