2.02.2013

The Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge

Jacob has to work the  Indy home show all day again today (boo) and I can do whatever I want (yay) without any whining opinions from anyone else.  So what do I do?  I accepted the Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge over at Young House Love! I haven't been the thrift store regular I used to be, but apparently it was my lucky day because it was 50% off day at Goodwill. I took this as a sign from the thrift store gods, grabbed a diet coke, and off I went to pop some tags.


The challenge came from the lyrics in the song. Never heard the song? I posted the edited for radio version below and here's the unedited version.


THRIFT SHOP (PG Radio Edit Clean version) - MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS FEAT. WANZ from Garrett Wesley Gibbons on Vimeo.

STEP 1: Go to a thrift shop with – just as the chorus of the song says – “$20 in your pocket” and take a picture. 

Like I said, I was by my lonesome so I couldn't take a picture with the money in front of the store, so I improvised. 


 


STEP 2: Spend your $20 any way you’d like and photograph your spoils. 

 I totally did not mean to, but all three items I bought were donated by Target. Bullseye strikes again!
 

 
I thought this little clock would be cute on one of the nightstands for only $2.49


The frame was $4.25. Brand new, in the box. No scratches. Score


 I'm looking at my receipt now and apparently I got the vase for $2.50? That does not add up, but it says $9.99 and then discount and then $2.50. Hmmm...



That brings me to a grand total of $9.90 with tax. Pretty cheap shopping trip if you ask me. It's too bad HomeGoods forced me inside their doors next.

STEP 3: Find one item (or more) referenced in the song and snap a pic 

"I'm digging, I'm digging, I'm searching right through that luggage
One man's trash, that's another man's come-up"


I'm pretty bummed that I didn't score a big coat or a fringed vest, but this suitcase is pretty cool too. Dare I admit I kind of like it in a weird way?

Mission Complete.

18 comments:

Sinan74 said...

İstanbul
Sivas
Kırıkkale
Zonguldak
Iğdır
QHGS2İ

EchoCircuitGlider said...

Adana
Elazığ
Kayseri
Şırnak
Antep
07UNL

InfinityPhantom777 said...

Kocaeli
Denizli
Bursa
istanbul
Van
K1SKL

Alpike3344 said...

bitlis
urfa
mardin
tokat
çorum
FUM2J

PlasmaExplorer9000 said...

görüntülüshow
ücretli show
NQDA

DenizKızıSavaşçı67 said...

https://titandijital.com.tr/
kilis parça eşya taşıma
bursa parça eşya taşıma
ığdır parça eşya taşıma
bitlis parça eşya taşıma
JTEAJ

SolarDreamerXYOLG129WX said...

Ağrı Lojistik
Çorlu Lojistik
Kars Lojistik
Antalya Lojistik
Rize Lojistik
4OL

GalacticFlare12AT said...

sivas evden eve nakliyat
erzurum evden eve nakliyat
bitlis evden eve nakliyat
mardin evden eve nakliyat
rize evden eve nakliyat
UD8

CelestialPhoenix said...

ığdır evden eve nakliyat
ağrı evden eve nakliyat
maraş evden eve nakliyat
diyarbakır evden eve nakliyat
şırnak evden eve nakliyat
DEM

49F2EDonald6AD1E said...

03E82
Burdur Evden Eve Nakliyat
Eskişehir Lojistik
Tunceli Parça Eşya Taşıma
Artvin Parça Eşya Taşıma
Ankara Evden Eve Nakliyat

908E1Linda44A20 said...

EB047
clenbuterol for sale
Muş Evden Eve Nakliyat
Bayburt Evden Eve Nakliyat
https://steroidsbuy.net/steroids/
Kilis Evden Eve Nakliyat
order testosterone propionat
İstanbul Evden Eve Nakliyat
Çerkezköy Çatı Ustası
Silivri Evden Eve Nakliyat

C91EERubyD82C0 said...

69A2F
Karaman Parça Eşya Taşıma
Isparta Parça Eşya Taşıma
Bolu Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Nevşehir Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Tekirdağ Fayans Ustası
Konya Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Altındağ Boya Ustası
Bitmart Güvenilir mi
Bibox Güvenilir mi

7AFCFBernard275D6 said...

F879E
Coin Nedir
Eryaman Boya Ustası
Kütahya Lojistik
Nevşehir Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Antalya Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Ankara Parça Eşya Taşıma
Çankaya Parke Ustası
Osmaniye Parça Eşya Taşıma
Coinex Güvenilir mi

F0F6BMichelleCD13C said...

A111F
Adana Evden Eve Nakliyat
Probit Güvenilir mi
Erzurum Lojistik
Alya Coin Hangi Borsada
Yozgat Lojistik
Kars Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Sweat Coin Hangi Borsada
Kütahya Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Aksaray Parça Eşya Taşıma

A0951Dane66245 said...

F574F
çankırı rastgele sohbet
sakarya canli sohbet bedava
niğde canlı sohbet ücretsiz
samsun görüntülü sohbet canlı
bitlis rastgele görüntülü sohbet uygulamaları
trabzon görüntülü sohbet
mersin canli goruntulu sohbet siteleri
tokat en iyi görüntülü sohbet uygulaması
konya ücretsiz görüntülü sohbet

EECBBTommyA5617 said...

E52D6
Bitcoin Madenciliği Nedir
Mefa Coin Hangi Borsada
Binance Referans Kodu
Star Atlas Coin Hangi Borsada
Binance Madenciliği Nedir
Aion Coin Hangi Borsada
Coin Nasıl Çıkarılır
Tiktok Takipçi Satın Al
Flare Coin Hangi Borsada

0464BClarence0B13E said...

BE2C2
Yeni Çıkacak Coin Nasıl Alınır
Paribu Borsası Güvenilir mi
Coin Nasıl Üretilir
Mexc Borsası Güvenilir mi
Binance Referans Kodu
Milyon Coin Hangi Borsada
Anc Coin Hangi Borsada
Linkedin Takipçi Satın Al
Bitcoin Kazanma

642FFGeraldine62C27 said...

A5F7C
Kadınhanı
Başkale
Konya
Aydın
Tuzlukçu
Ereğli
Alpu
Zeytinburnu
Şefaatli

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com