6.02.2012

New House Progress

We are slowly but surely getting moved in and settled into our new house. There is still a lot of work to do, but I know these things take time without the magic of HGTV. So I just wanted to stop in and post some pictures of the progress we have made thus far. 

WARNING: Longest post ever

Our family room is one of my favorite rooms in the house so far. Probably because most of our money and work have been used in this room.


I love love LOOOVE the couch. I am so happy we went with the big sectional. It's so comfy and pretty! We got the coffee table and blanket at IKEA, the medallion pillow at Garden Ridge and already owned everything else.


My mirror was one of my favorite HomeGoods finds. I found this way before we moved, but I knew it would be perfect here. I also paid around $60 for it, as it was on clearance because the frame on some of the bursts(?) was damaged. Unless you take it off the wall and look closely you can't see it and since I don't have plans to do so, it works for us.


We made the tv unit. The bottom is an old bookcase turned on its side and Jacob made cabinet doors for it and a shelf for the cable box. The side bookcases were given to us from my Grandma. We painted it all, frosted the glass, added door knobs, and used silver rub and buff on all of the brass. It was a pain in the butt and took us 3 weekends, but oh so worth it. You would think I measured and planned for it to fit in the space (which I of course did not). Apparently I am lucky! Somone needs to order the TV mount and then actually mount it to hide the outlets and the cords...


These curtains are the newest addition to the living room. They are a housewarming gift from my parents. I think they make the room a little more fun and interesting. We found them at Z Gallerie, the chairs are Target, and the table was TJ Maxx.


Moving on...the curtains are also on the sliding door in the kitchen


This picture was actually taken a few weeks ago and things have changed a bit. There are now plants in the window, different accessories, a new rug, pictures, a big clock, and a new cabinet. One day I will paint those bar stools. I would take a new picture and post it, but my kitchen island looks like a bomb just went off. Just keeping it real.


I can, however, take close ups of some the new things without being mortified.

The rug was a Garden Ridge find. I'm debating going back and buying a bigger one for elsewhere because I love it.


My two loves deserved a spot in our home...food and wine


That cabinet needs painted all white, but it will be perfect for cookbooks. It was also given to us by my Grandma. Notice a theme? She was downsizing at the same time we were moving into a much bigger house that we could never possibly furnish, so we inherited a lot. Luckily my grandma doesn't have "grandma" tastes so I got great stuff that I actually love! Our house would be half empty without her giving us so much and we are so very thankful.

The clock was from Hobby Lobby on sale.

The lower level also hosts our dining room, furnished from the store of Grandma Takayoshi. I have big plans of reupholstering one day.  I'm also on the hunt for curtains.



The half bath downstairs is another favorite space in the house. Is that weird?



Last, but not least the office/den is downstairs. I have tried very hard to get a good picture, but the paint color is not true to real life in any picture. It is a much prettier blue. I believe it is Benjamin Moore Blue Herron based on the paint cans in the trash can when we moved in.




I cannot even tell you how hard it is to get a picture without Penny photo bombing. Diva.

This room is definitely functional but in progress. I have big (read: $$$) plans. Fun curtains, adding trim to the bookcases to make them look like built ins, new floor lamp that was not in a dorm room at one time,and a new couch. I am also hopeful that that desktop computer will die one day and I won't have to have the desk against the wall, but don't tell J. Oh and I need to hang diplomas and pictures.

Time to head upstairs


That dark brown paint has got to go. I don't like that there are three(!) different paint colors on the staircase walls. Plus the brown paint was not applied very evenly. Also I think I need another row of pictures, but the frames are currently out of stock.

Once upstairs, the loft is the first room. One of the many reasons we bought this house was because the loft was big and cozy. It's more like a second family room really. We have made it into a media room. J calls it his man loft.



Down the hall is the first guest room. It's coming along, but needs pictures hung.



The second extra bedroom is known around here as the Japanese Horse room. The previous owners had horse decals on the wall (it was a little girls room) and just painted over them when they left so you can totally still see them. There also also random Chinese or Japanese symbols on the walls in pencil. We need to sand the walls down and paint, but I'm growing kind of attached to them now. No matter what this will always be known as the Japanese Horse Room.

I love the bed in this room and I think I want to make this room kind of girly. Priority number one is paint. Then I want some pillows to made it a daybed, art, and curtains.


I hope to get to this room soon because it is probably the least done, other than the master bedroom. The master needs some major TLC as it is the weirdest shaped room ever and huge. It currently looks sterile in there and I don't even have a picture. You're not missing much. Just image a big blue room with a bed plopped in the middle.

The outside is also coming along. We cleaned it up a little, mulched, added flowers, and put down some grass seed. We are also currently battling the weeds in the grass and I think we may finally be winning!




Writing this post and looking at all the pictures made me realize how far we have come and how far we have to go. Other than the master I would say we have all or the furniture we need, and what is left to do is most curtains, art, accessorize, paint, etc. The fun stuff!




13 comments:

Lizy said...

Love your blog! Can't believe that's your house! Jealous xx Lizy

Unknown said...

ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, converse outlet, hollister, barbour jackets, moncler, gucci, moncler, canada goose uk, wedding dresses, moncler, moncler outlet, converse, links of london, marc jacobs, swarovski crystal, canada goose, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, ugg boots uk, barbour, ray ban, replica watches, toms shoes, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, vans, canada goose, canada goose, moncler, karen millen, montre pas cher, thomas sabo, bottes ugg, ugg pas cher, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, swarovski, lancel, moncler, moncler, pandora charms, supra shoes, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, coach outlet

BinaryNomad256 said...

Erzurum
Elazığ
Konya
Zonguldak
Eskişehir
3PSOO

NeonCyberSorcerer said...

Adana
Elazığ
Kayseri
Şırnak
Antep
S4H6

RüzgarDansçısı47 said...

https://titandijital.com.tr/
balıkesir parça eşya taşıma
eskişehir parça eşya taşıma
ardahan parça eşya taşıma
muş parça eşya taşıma
0MZLM

LunarSorcereress12AT said...

sivas evden eve nakliyat
erzurum evden eve nakliyat
bitlis evden eve nakliyat
mardin evden eve nakliyat
rize evden eve nakliyat
B4EX3

BinarySerpentess said...

ankara evden eve nakliyat
malatya evden eve nakliyat
antep evden eve nakliyat
giresun evden eve nakliyat
kayseri evden eve nakliyat
6HS6OU

CosmicCipherA746 said...

rize evden eve nakliyat
muğla evden eve nakliyat
kırıkkale evden eve nakliyat
mardin evden eve nakliyat
istanbul evden eve nakliyat
JHYCUY

E75D0Ayana2269A said...

A98C9
%20 binance indirim kodu

378B6Brenda73EAC said...

7236E
çorum canlı sohbet bedava
kırşehir rastgele sohbet
tunceli canlı görüntülü sohbet odaları
manisa sesli sohbet uygulamaları
manisa görüntülü sohbet kadınlarla
afyon en iyi görüntülü sohbet uygulaması
karabük telefonda kızlarla sohbet
kayseri en iyi ücretsiz sohbet siteleri
kastamonu mobil sesli sohbet

17D0CRiyaC8FF2 said...

E87F9
görüntülü sohbet kadınlarla
çorum canlı sohbet siteleri
Antalya Telefonda Sohbet
bursa parasız görüntülü sohbet uygulamaları
Konya Sesli Sohbet Uygulamaları
görüntülü sohbet uygulama
nevşehir görüntülü sohbet siteleri
mobil sohbet et
sohbet odaları

F1837Carl9AEDF said...

A141F
Bitcoin Giriş Nasıl Yapılır
Coin Madenciliği Nedir
Bitcoin Kazma
Nonolive Takipçi Satın Al
Discord Sunucu Üyesi Satın Al
Likee App Beğeni Hilesi
Bitcoin Madenciliği Nasıl Yapılır
Linkedin Takipçi Satın Al
Shibanomi Coin Hangi Borsada

5B66BMichelle56E70 said...

3E962
Youtube Abone Hilesi
Soundcloud Takipçi Hilesi
Gate io Borsası Güvenilir mi
Pinterest Takipçi Satın Al
Coin Kazma Siteleri
Bitcoin Kazanma
Kwai Beğeni Hilesi
Binance Kimin
Binance Yaş Sınırı

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com