7.14.2011

We're Back!

Were you wondering if I fell off the face of the earth? Or more likely, was neglecting my blog? Well, the answer to both of those theories is nope and nope. We were just on vacation!

Sorry I didn't mention vacation before, but with all the creepers on the internet and all I decided to not tell until we got back to increase the chances that we returned to a home with all of our belongings still in it.

We went on a cruise with my side of the family and we seriously had a blast! It was a 7-day cruise on the Carnival Dream and we stopped in the Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

The ship was huge!

And so nice inside!


And there was always something to do!








Ok, no need to call Dr. Phil yet, we did do more than drink, gamble, and lay out by the pool. We also took naps and ate. Kidding! (kinda) Hey, we were on vacation!

Speaking of eating, we did a lot of eating.




And now that I have returned 4.5 pounds heavier, I am eating a lot less dessert and a lot more fruits and vegetables.

Eww, talking about gaining weight. Depressing. Let's go back to talking about vacation.

The staff was outstanding. We loved our dinner wait staff!


The ports we visited were beautiful!

In Nassau, Bahamas we went to the Atlantis.




The next stop was St. Thomas.





In St. Thomas we went to Magen's Beach. According to National Geographics it is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

Now I haven't been to all the beaches in the world, but I can't argue with them.

Magen's beach from above


The last stop was St. Maarten. This was probably my favorite, with St Thomas a close second. We started off our day in St. Maarten riding on a catamaran and snorkeling.


  
Then we took a cab over to a beach right next to the airport. When a plane lands it looks like it is going to land on the beach. It is really cool. Check out my video. It's shaky, sorry.


We had fun hanging out on the beach between planes too.





All in all, we had a great time and got to visit some beautiful places.

I know that this post is extremely long, but if you are still with me you rock and just one more thing! No post about a cruise would be complete without talking about the towel animals left in the room every evening. So I will leave you with a sample of some of the creations that we came home to each evening.


Linking up with

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com