10.02.2011

Mums the Word

The weather this weekend was absolutely perfect fall weather. It and maybe the fact I needed to study for a midterm really got me in the mood to start decorating for fall and doing other "fall-y" things.

One of the first items I tackled on my fall to-do list was decorating the front door, so that I can enjoy it for as long as possible. I started by adding some mums to my planters on the front "step" in pretty fall colors.




I got my mums at Walmart for just under $4 a piece. I bought four to fill the big planter and they fit perfectly. I know they look kind of pitiful now, but I picked the plants that had not bloomed yet on purpose in hopes that this would extend the time that I get to enjoy them.

Since I'm very impatient, forgoing my instant gratification has been a challenge, but I'm hoping that waiting will pay off in the end. I can't wait to see them when the flowers have fully bloomed, because I already am loving them!



Now for some close ups



And far away


To finish it up, (hopefully next weekend) I'm going to spray paint that white command hook black (if I can wait that long) and add some pumpkins. I'll be sure to post the finished picture as soon as I'm done!

Linking up with
Serenity Now
Thrifty Decor Chick
All Things Thrifty

2 comments:

Brooke Ulrich said...

Very cute! Thanks for linking up to All Things Spooky!

Billy B said...

Hi thankks for posting this

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com